Physiotherapy is the branch of medicine that deals with preventing, diagnosing, and treating disorders or injuries through manual manipulation and movement. Physiotherapists are trained to provide a wide range of services, including assessment and treatment of both acute and chronic pain, injury prevention, sports injuries, rehabilitation following surgery or stroke. Our physiotherapist utilizes the latest props, gears, and movement techniques to offer the most effective experience of physiotherapy in Dadar West, Mumbai.
What disorders Can Be treated with Physiotherapy?
Physiotherapy is a medical treatment that uses physical methods to correct or alleviate pain, restore movement, and improve health. Physiotherapy is effective for the treatment of many disorders, including:
- Sports Injuries.
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Back and Neck Pain
- Limited Range of Motion (ROM)
- Severe head or neck injury.
- Sports Injury
- Joint replacement
- Ankle sprain
How Is Physiotherapy Done?
A physiotherapist uses different techniques according to the nature of the injury. The most commonly devised physiotherapy methods include:
- Manual manipulation: Slow manual movements improves blood circulation of the targeted area, stimulates muscle, ligament, and bone cells to restore normal functioning. Moving the soft tissues and the joints improves circulation, flushes excess fluids from the body, and relaxes overly tight muscles and spasms.
- Electrical stimulation of the nerves: When the nerves numb, resulting in no action in targeted muscles, this therapy is incorporated in physiotherapy. The controlled electrical impulses reactivate the nerves, improving their functioning over time.
- Acupuncture: It is one of the oldest and traditional ways of stimulating the CNS by pressurizing specific pressure points
- Demonstration: Once the physiotherapy session improves the patient’s condition, the physiotherapist demonstrates some specific slow muscle movement actions to normalize it further.
- Functional testing: This involves examining the patient regarding their physical movements to assess their condition better.
Tips To Choose A Good Physiotherapist, Or Good Clinic For Providing Physiotherapy
If your doctor has recommended you to some physiotherapist, you must notice the following changes in your case:
- The pain improving over time
- You must be able to do some easy exercise on own
- Inflammation must reduce
However, doctors may advise other treatments if your condition does not respond to physiotherapy. Most muscle spasms and orthopedic disorders are treated with physiotherapy as primary treatment. Our physiotherapy sessions in Mumbai give relief to most patients or at least improving their condition. If our physiotherapists do not notice any change, they refer to alternate treatments for containment of the problem.